Newborn dies from Sunday night’s terrorist attack as news of yet another drive by shooting emerges

2 Israelis killed, 2 seriously wounded in West Bank shooting attack

The news of yet another terrorist attack earlier this morning leaves us all reeling. Another two Israeli’s have been murdered with another two left in serious condition, mowed down by gunmen in another drive by shooting just a few yards away from Sunday’s deadly attack.


Israeli soldiers and police inspect the scene of a shooting attack at the entrance to the Israeli settlement of Givat Asaf, in the West Bank, on December 13, 2018. Photo by Hadas Parush/Flash90


Two Israelis were killed and two were severely injured, one of them critically, in a shooting attack in the central West Bank Thursday 13th December , close to where a terror attack occurred earlier in the week.

The perpetrators fled the scene of the attack, near the Palestinian town of Silwad and Ofra, an Israeli settlement north of Jerusalem, prompting a large-scale manhunt.

According to the Israel Defence Forces, one gunman left a vehicle along the Route 60 highway and opened fire at a group of Israelis of soldiers and civilians, before running away. Two of the victims died at the scene. One of the wounded, a 21-year-old man, is in critical condition.

“His condition is very serious. There is a threat to his life,” a Hadassah spokesperson said.

The second of the wounded, a female civilian, was seriously injured and taken to Shaare Zedek Medical Center’s trauma unit in Jerusalem.

The shooting attack occurred near the Givat Asaf settlement, close to Ofra, where on Sunday a number of terrorists opened fire at a group of people standing at the settlement’s bus stop, hitting seven of them, including a seven-month pregnant woman who was critically injured and whose baby later died as a result of the attack.

Additional infantry battalions were sent into the West Bank both to defend roads and settlements and to conduct additional searches and arrests.

On Wednesday night, the Israeli military arrested a number of suspects who were believed to have carried out Sunday night’s shooting attack and shot dead a third, as he tried to attack Israeli troops during an escape attempt.

For Shira and Amichai Ishran, the future was full of hope and joy. As the attack on Sunday evening started, Amichai tried to shield his wife who was 30-weeks pregnant, but both were shot in the mayhem.

A bullet hit Shira in her stomach, while Amichai was hit in the leg. Rushed to the hospital with Shira in critical condition, their baby boy was delivered prematurely in an emergency cesarean. Yesterday after four days of fighting for his life, their baby boy passed away.

For the Ishran family, the road ahead will be long and challenging. They will need physical, emotional and financial help. One Family has reached out to them to offer assistance and support through the difficult mourning period ahead and as long as they need us.

We will be by their side, as we will be with all those impacted by this morning’s attack and the hundreds of other attacks over the last 16 years.As the end of the year approaches, we urge you to help us with our vital work in Israel go to

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *